What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Presets

lindaw

Power User
Ok I am finally back to sketching with pshop but I seem to have a problem with my brushes. I am using my tablet and set the brush to use the pen pressure. Works great until I switch to another brush size. Then when I go back to the original brush the preset is back to the original. Is this normal in 7? I seem to remember 6 kept the presets. Maybe I just didn't notice this little lack in the feature?

Thanks!

Yes. Here's why. The presets are just that. Presets. In Photoshop 6, the brush tips and the "tablet sensitivity" were in two separate locations. In Photoshop 7 the tablet settings are part of the brush. So if you change something in a brush, and don't save that brush preset again, you are only modifying that instance of the brush. When you go back to clicking on the preset, it jumps back to the way it was saved.

Your options are to save the brush into the presets menu, save the brush into the tool presets, or adjust the brush each time.

I would probably say creating your own preset brush library would be the best, even if you use the existing ones for a start and just edit them.

Sure thing, glad it helped :)

Back