What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalogue image archive soft?

SeniorS

Guru
Coudn't imagine which forum section this question is best suited decided that this.

Question: Need to catalague private image archive (chaos by now) to burn to DVD.

I think now with all madness with digital camaras there must be tons of them.
Finding out best would make weeks and kills computer :)

So, after sorting image to DVD would like to burn it and left on computer "database" with thumbnails and keywords(!!!). Like to be able after year find out picture of me, my kid of 2009 year. Look at preview, choose some and soft tells in which DVD it is.

It would be good if it very easy to use. And perfect if freeware.

Hope i explain it clear.

I use Picasa. Google seems to do almost everything good. It even recognizes most Raw formats. Its quick and easy to use, all the things we like. It will do some basic editing if you want, or you can open in photoshop with a simple add on. Burning is as simple as selecting folders and clicking on burn gift cd.

One tip, when it starts for the first time it will scan your whole hd for pics, just go to the settings and turn off all locations, then just add the folders you want it to catalog.

Hope this helps.

I use ACDSee which recognizes all raw formats.
It's not free, and unfortunately it's not very intuitive.

When I was shooting in JPG I used Adobe Photoshop Album which I think now is free.
Adobe - Photoshop Album : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 - English

I found it really easy to use and you could burn slide shows with it.
If you're only working with jpg's give it a try.

It's been years since I used it and I have no idea if it will meet all your requirements.

Thanks to all.

I'll be checking (almost write "chicking" LoL) those for offline archive organization. And report back in days.

Back