What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and pasting from PDF

John_H

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum for this question.

When I cut and paste from PDF into Photoshop there is sometimes a partial black "keyline" around the image. By partial I mean it can appear on one or more edges of the photo/artwork, or even not at all, it seems to be quite random. These lines are not desirable and, up until now, I have simply been cropping the image, but this can be quite a tedious task.

My question is: can these black lines be got rid of without the need to use the crop tool?

Thanks in advance.

John.

Could you post an example of these lines you mention?

Could you post an example of these lines you mention?

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have attached one page from the PDF supplied to me and showed the uncropped result when pasted into Photoshop and saved as a PNG file.

Attachments

• Plate06.pdf
    663.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Plate06.png
    Plate06.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
View attachment 32113It looks to me as though you have show layer edge checked on within your PSD files don't see it on the PDF uncheck if you don't want it on.

The only thing else I can think of is you have that layer with a stroke around it I do not see it in the PDF when I looked .

This doesn't happen when I copy and paste it into Photoshop from Acrobat Reader (Windows 8). The only thing I could suggest is resetting your Photoshop preferences if you haven't tried so already. Also are you using Adobe's own PDF reader? If so make sure it's up to date, if not give it a try.

Yup that's what I see also RT...guess he either figured it out or time zone thing going on.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Back