What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Correction for misprinted card - Red card

Taipan20

Hello! I would really appreciate if anyone could fix this misprinted card for a boardgame for me please

On the "Red Card" image below, the heptagon/star symbol and the paw symbol were misprinted in the wrong positions.
The background layer was misprinted too low which is why theres a thick dark red bar across the top and the heptagon/star symbol was misprinted over the black diamond symbol and part of the claw.

78x6b78xv6byx8cvb.png

This image below is an example of a different card to show the where the heptagon/star symbol, paw symbol and black diamond symbol should be positioned.
It also shows what the background should look like. The missing part of the claw would need to be re-created.
The dimension size for the card is 88mm x 63mm
x67vbx7vc6bxc7vb.jpg

1) Cut out the Septagon, moved it to the top
2) Replaced the vacated background with the claw (Only came to know it was a claw because you mentioned it)
3) Cut out the paw, moved it to the top while replacing the background
4) Brought the Diamond with yellow background into the image.

The effort/time it would take to replace the background (moving the star upwards) is more efficiently used in recreating the whole image. As in it is not a quick and easy fix.

Here is my result:
1898-After-78x6b78xv6byx8cvb.jpg

Obviously, you do not have the card design with you, but if you have the physical cards, you are better off doing a high quality scan and use it as a starting point for design recreation.

Here, I extended the existing background star upwards so the thick dark red bar is replaced.
View attachment 138329

wow this looks amazing and i love the how you fixd the claw thanku so much
i was going to reply to your first comment and say i understand the background is too complicated to fix and time consuming
i was going to ask if you could fix the 2 yellows parts around the 2 small symbols so they match the same colour as the background?

Back