What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS3 Strange graphic shapes appearing when using a graphics tablet.

Hey guys.

This weird problem came up a couple of weeks ago with my Photoshop CS3 program. I've been using the same Photoshop program on my Macbook Pro (2008) with the same graphics Bamboo Graphics tablet for a year now, but this only started happening two weeks ago. At first I thought that my tablet had died, but then I tried using two other tablets, a Bamboo Fun and an Intuos3, and the same pattern appeared. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my tablet drivers, and really don't want to have to buy another version of photoshop just because of this.

The image below should be a solid grey colour, but instead I get these strange bubble like shapes.

WTF.jpg

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to PsG!
Very strange!
Is this a screen capture? or a file? Did you fill to get the grey? is it the case for white fills, blacks? do all files behave the same?
Did you make sure that there is no selection active, but hidden? Did you reset your preferences?
We need more info to be able to help you.

I have to agree with my pal Steve here, we need a little more to go on. We need to know when this occurs and what you are trying to do when it occurs...

Wow you guys are quick to respond!

The image posted is a jpg of a file I made as an example of what is happening.

I'm not sure that it's actually the tablet that is the problem, I'm becoming more convinced that this might have something to do with a corruption of my photoshop program or possibly my graphics card (which would, to put it lightly, suck). The fill tool still fills correctly, as does the paint tool when I am drawing with the mouse. This only happens when I am using my tablet pen. I guess the problem is pressure sensitive. I can get solid colours when I apply lots of pressure on the pen but then I might as well be using the mouse.

I have reset my "workspace" several times and can't find any filters that are turned on. Everything seems to be working properly, except for the pen pressure sensitivity.

It's so confusing.

Alright, I found the problem!

Apparently I had the "texture" option turned on in the brush presets. Ha. Here I've been freaking out for two weeks. All I had to do was turn it off.

Well, if anyone else this same problem and doesn't know what's going on, at least now you'll know what to tell them.

Thanks for your help!

Glad you are all set!
That's why I asked several questions: without knowing the tool that you used to create the grey, it was hard to help you!

Good teamwork! I didn't meant that I was taking credit, but that it is useful to give as many informations as possible when one has a problem in photoshop.

Glad you figured it out Carrie.
Looks like Kevin was right about the Bubble pattern.

Teehee, i almost asked if the brush setting was set to texture but i thought naw, couldn't be lol!!

Spectre, i couldn't agree more, the more info we have to go on the better! That's why i always ask questions and may seem a bit pushy sometimes but im just trying to get the info needed to resolve the problem!

Glad you sorted it out, come back and see us! you don't have to post here only when you have problems, share your art with us too!!

Back