What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Gifs ?

this is realflow or may be maya dynamic, do this in maya or realflow and export render images in PS and make gif.

You can import any quicktime or AVI video clip into photoshop just do file > import > frames to layers this will bring up a dialogue box of importing from a frame range also giving you the option to skip ever .....

on a regular gif file from video you can normally do upto skip every 5 frames

meaning if you had a 50 frames long video clip and you told it to import every 5 frames then the imported video will make a gif file
10 frames long and throw away the other 40 frames from the video.

you can then do save for web and select gif, and presto a video gif file.

i think he is asking how to create these kind of effects, not how to make gif, anyway very nice explanation hoogle, really cool man.

Again, the gifs with effects can be done in Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash, After Effects. Maya is a bit over kill for such low standard animation. To give a more detailed answer, We are going to need a more specific question.

I don't think anyone would pay for really expensive Autodesk software just to mess around. I know that's not what I got my Autocad & Revit for. Maya is nearly $4,000.

Hoogle is right prd.

EN is asking about how to make the GIF's because all the GIF's in the link are simple, looped movie frames and not many effects. The real skill here is in choosing the right portions of the movies to make the loops from. Edit: Some of the GIF's are stills layered on top of looped motion which is what gives them a 3D appearance.

They can be made in Ps. Try a search on "Photoshop: how to create an animated gif from video".

There's also the matter of the HD source to be considered.

Last edited:
TBH prd is right, I was asking how they made one thing moving and everything else still ? (did you check all the images ?) some of them are very realistic I tried Masking in after effects but still can't match that arnold pictures (took the image from terminator 2 myself) Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post, I already know how to make gifs from movies
terminator.gif

Last edited:
It depends what you want to achieve.

One way is by taking the first frame of a video segment as the background/first frame and deleting parts of the images around the animated area you want to retain in succeeding frames.

Another one ..... select a good posture of the subject which doesn't involve a lot of movement in the scene..... make a clean selection and delete the rest of the background.... assign the image to the top of the entire layer frame animation. With clone tool and a lot of patience, delete the subject in all frames and recreate the background of the entire animation. You have a static actor with the rest of the scene running.

Tricky and time consuming but well worth the effort.

Thanks DV8 for in depth explanation, will try and post the result. :)

i did these kind of work in my collage life but unfortunately i can't post here bcoz my hard disk damaged last year :banghead: but telling you how to achieve these kind of effect, take a single frame as dv8 told you(for background) then take a video mask from your video(foreground) you can do better if you are expert in rotoscopy, remember its need lot of patience and time.

It depends what you want to achieve.

One way is by taking the first frame of a video segment as the background/first frame and deleting parts of the images around the animated area you want to retain in succeeding frames.

Another one ..... select a good posture of the subject which doesn't involve a lot of movement in the scene..... make a clean selection and delete the rest of the background.... assign the image to the top of the entire layer frame animation. With clone tool and a lot of patience, delete the subject in all frames and recreate the background of the entire animation. You have a static actor with the rest of the scene running.

Tricky and time consuming but well worth the effort.

agreee...:thumbsup:

Back