What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Effect like picture

I don't have Photoshop available at the moment (desktop computer died), so this is from memory: Try duplicating the background image, change blend mode to Divide. That should make the image totally (or almost totally) disappear. Then paint with white directly on that layer with a large, soft brush (low brush opacity). I know I've produced that effect, and I think that's how I did it.

I got Photoshop running again, so just to follow up: That is the method I've used before. When painting the Divide layer with white, keep brush opacity very low -- like 10% and even reduce flow to30% or so. If you go too far with the white in bring back the original colors and want to reverse the effect, just paint with black.

This may not be exact, but it's close.

Original.....
Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 8.16.11 AM.png

Altered...
Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 8.16.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 8.18.06 AM.png

Photo filter Adjustment layer set to a green color with 90% density.
Hue & Saturation Adjustment Layer with some slight gradient on the layer mask.
Curves Adjustment layer with some slight gradient on the layer mask.

Adjust to your liking.

Hi @epp
I leveraged @IamSam 's starting image to show yet another approach.
I just made the starting image a Smart Object and used the camera raw filter.
Here is the starting image with Laery Stack:

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 9.56.28 AM.jpg

For the Green/Yellow areas, I shifted the Hue, Sat, and Luminosity with the Color Mixer panel. I did the same for the sky colors making them a bit more aqua from blue.
I then used the basic panel to in crease the clarity, a bit of dehaze, and overall saturation adjustment. Here is the result showing the settings in the panels. Its similar to the Hue Adjustment Layer in Photoshop yet a lot easier to use.

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 9.58.54 AM.jpg

Just one more approach out of meany to consider
John Wheeler

Back