What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Effect] PLEASE help me discover what effect this is?!

This took me under 10 minutes to accomplish. Select girl, refine edge, copy from background. Adjustments>desaturate on the original layer. Go to image>adjustments>HDR toning. Mess around with sliders. Make smart object and apply filter>artistic>plastic wrap with smoothness at max, detail and highlights about a third of the way and use the filter mask to remove the greying effect of the filter and just take it out where you think it will look better. I think it gets close to what you want to achieve. Your example uses more details of the plastic effect and probably erases them as I did but to a lesser degree. It also has more extreme HDR Toning applied. My image just didn't call for that and I just couldn't make it too ugly, XD.

Intervention_by__rainmanView attachment 27180

Original image: View attachment 27181

Just a quickie at this point Clare please, whenever i use HDR effects on an image that as 'layers' it will always tell me it will flatten the image to convert, always wondered how to do an HDR layer while others layers are still layers?

Back