What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

file path popup

meamjw

I am using CS5 and am being annoyed with a file path popup that covers the X button on my tabs when I try to click on the X to close the tab. I have searched and searched for a way to block that behavior (which is useless anyway) but can't find a way to stop it. If anyone knows how to block it, please tell me.

edit>preferences>interface:
untick "Show tooltips"
press Okay.
then try it.

gonna guess that's what you mean by the popups.

Wrong guess Zealex. I said, "file path popups". Like C://filename etc. Completely useless info when my mouse hovers on the tab long enough for me to get it positioned on the X When I'm trying to close the tab

I would have thought that would have been what you meant, turned it off on mine, nothing shows up when I go to close the document's tab.

either way, I'm out of ideas, I was merely trying to help from previous experience.

Zealex,
Turns out I was the one who guessed wrong. I thought you hadn't understood my problem because I couldn't imagine a file path popup being called a tooltip. After reading your second post I decided to try your suggestion to turn off tooltips and to my amazement it solved my longstanding problem. I guess some programmer thought a file path is the same as a tooltip. Incredible.
Thanks a bunch.

no worries. a tooltip refers to the actual GUI element, it's normally a little popup box that provides tips or information on certain aspects of an interface, in this case the tooltip box was providing you with the information on the file's location, AKA the file path.

Back