What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First logo part II

Funkstar

Hey guys

As promised: my new logo. I've made a couple of versions, pick your preferred one and give suggestions please :D

The original from post one
Funkstarlogo.jpg

Version 2 (first render)
Funkstar logo III.jpg

However, I wasn't really satisfied about this one so I've made some alterations

Version 3
Funkstar logo III reform.jpg

Version 4
Funkstar logo III part II.jpg

Version 5
Funkstar logo III part V.jpg

Version 6 (final render)
Funkstar logo III part VI.jpg

3rd day of photoshop so still a lot of things happened by trial and error, don't be cruel :D

I think to make the logo more unique to yourself....

Loss the images and work more on the text and maybe add your own image. I know your just starting out with Ps but try looking at some basic tutorials. Some like video tuts and other prefer written tutorials (like me).

Do you mean something like an unique logo form? An unique shape with letters and some unique self-created figures in it instead of images from other artwork?

Will give a try to a more personal logo with only self-created items tomorrow. In the meanwhile, just made a logo on request from a friend in about 15 minutes, using the standard skills I've learned so far. Personally I like this one more than my own logo :p

Version 1
Freddies Logo I.jpg

Version 2

Freddies Logo II.jpg

Credits for images:
Car: Car World @ BlogSpot
Grunge backgrounds: ChChCheckItsclan

Hi Funkstar.. Inkz is right and you should take note...

To me they are art works and not logos..sorry just my personal opinion... there to dark and some are unreadable... What are you designing the logo for ?.. The web?.. A personal Logo for your site?...

One thing i notice about your images is the hand with the pencil . a thought on this would possibly be that this hand has written the Logo's text and could be placed as though its just finished writing it. give it a go... see what it looks like.. Logo's are trial an error if designing for yourself until your happy with it. Doing something that represents yourself can be far more difficult than you think, you want it just perfect.

Take into account if trying something like this... the main text Funkstar should be large and large enough to see it when it's scaled down, so should the text A Passion for designing.. I would use a hand written font for this type of text if your going to put the pencil and hand as if it's written it.

Don't want to bash your head with too much but TYPOGRAPHY needs to be done also.. to much to explain and you have to look it up on Google and tutorials. for beginners this is so overlooked in many aspects of all design areas and not just logo's.

Take a look at logo designing on the web and some tutorials.. look at modern designs, there layout, what modern looking colors are being used , going back to you saying about things being unique...

YES where ever and when ever possible... you stand out when somethings unique..

One other thing to remember you don't always need to use text in a logo... you can be expressive with creating a image that represents what your about and what your doing...

Logo design can not be done overnight .... take your time.. and remember this is only my personal opinion, others my differ.. post more results from further works, get more more feed back etc..

Thats not really a logo tho, its more like a manipulated image. Logos should be something that look like these

18.jpg

logo.jpg

Logos are pretty much a symbol and or text

Maybe logo isn't the right word for this. It's more like an FB cover or something of that nature. Still needs work, but it's a different animal if it's not meant as a logo.

Personally, I liked the general feel and the colors of the original post. The blue, like inkpad said, is too dark, oppressive in my words.

Describe what you will use this for and we can give you better suggestions.

Basically I just want to use it as an avatar for the forum here :p and of course it is an exercise to grow in designing, so I post it here to get feedback from people with more experience.

I've took note of all this. Could you also give some suggestions/opinions about the avatar with "Freddies, Keeps you going" on?

Made a suitable avatar for the forum now, the FS design will suit as a logo in the future.

First one:
Funkstar logo I.jpg

Second one:

Funkstar logo II.jpg

Logo in png format:
Funkstar Logo.png

Last edited:

Back