What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Font help and suggestions

lovethepirk

Hello there, I am a new member and new to adobe. I am going to do some tutorials to learn the basics.

My father recently died and I need to learn how to do some illustrator work to continue some of his business activities. I will be hiring an artist to do this, but I also need to learn.

1) Is this forum a good forum to ask questions, is there a better forum pertaining to illustrator?
2) The attached file has a letter "T". Do you think this originated from a font or was this hand crafted in AI?
3) Is there a site where I can see all the fonts for a given letter so I don't have to test each one by one?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• model.ai
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
If you go to what the font, you can paste an image of the letter and it will search. The results will show you the font used or similar to it. If it's custom made, it won't come up. I don't know how extensive their search is, but it should give you some idea. You can also go to other sites like dafont.com and type in the letter "T," capital I assume and scroll through the font family you'd expect it to be in. But it is fairly easy to make vector letters for a custom use, so if you want to make something like it, you could try that yourself.

If I was to guess, I would say, hand done in Illustrator using the Pen tool. Like Clare has already said, it's not that difficult to do, but if you have never used the Pen tool before, you will need to familiarise yourself with it.

Back