What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all you WindowBlinds users.

Sean

Guru
Well, I tried my hand at skinning. It was a challenge because I've never done anything like this before. Learning Skin Studio to make it was the most difficult part. Making the graphics was a sinch comparitively. Anyways, if you have WindowBlinds then try out my skin, or tell me what you think. And, If you don't have WindowBlinds you should get it because its awsome!
http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SID=1&SkinID=5632&LibID=1&comments=1

nice skin Patrick. I am a windowblinds fan. But I've sort of locked myself into Mac style skins because of the leftside buttons (ala Mac) as opposed to the rightside (ala PC) that way I don't have to think about it when on different computers. I also find that so many people design these nice grey skins with grey backgrounds in the drop down menus, and they use white text, wazup wit dat?I've tried, and dumped, many skins that I couldn't read. I'd really like to see more tranparancy being used as well. It's a pleasent effect. Kind of ultra high tech. I'd design a skin or two. But I just refuse to take on learning another app. So I'll leave it to guys like you to do the work. So.......You have my order. (leftside action, muy transparento!!!) ;)

I think somewhere along the line I've become absolutely numb to the OS, GUI's included. Having worked equally between Mac's and PC's for tweny-five, thirty odd years, I just don't think about the difference, until I have to export the artwork, and have to make some conscious decisions.

As for your skin, p?tr??k, I like it, in that it's a non-distractive middle grey bland. But as I said, I'll be damned if I'd ever notice it.

Back