What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum help please!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi guys, I'm very new here and I'm rather confused. I've spent the past few days reading through each of the forums. One thing I've noticed is that there does not seem to be any adherence to forum titles by the thread starters and posters. Some forums a not as bad as others.

For instance this forum is for "Photoshop Gurus Forum Help". "Get help with using the forum and forum features. Any questions related to use of the forum ask here." However, there seems to be many threads that are NOT related to "forum and forum features"! Almost the entire first page of thread topics in this forum are not relevant to the forums title!

Is this common practice here to NOT post threads in their appropriate forums? Do the moderators ever move these threads to their appropriate forums? You even state in your section rules - READ THIS FIRST (under the stickies) that "This is not a place to ask questions about Photoshop or Graphic Design, there's another section for that here". The very first thread, as of this writing, is "CS6 clone stamp tool is duplicating whole picture".

I've also noticed that in almost every forum I've read, there is someone asking for free Ps help. Is there an appropriate forum to post these pleas for free help? Are you guys working on a forum or area where these requests can be focused and or mod moved, like perhaps the main lounge "General Photoshop Board"?

Sorry to have to ask, I'm just confused with how things are organized here. It makes it hard to actually locate threads that are relevant to what myself, a new user, may be searching for.

Thanks and please understand, I'm just trying to understand this seemingly fantastic Photoshop resource!

You got a Photoshop related question mate, or are you just going to belittle the place some more?

Hi "new here," lol. Yes you're right, and probably we should be more vigilant about those misplaced posts. But there aren't that many of us doing the moderation here and these are just not often a priority. This one, the gurus forum help, is the worst board as people constantly misinterpret its meaning.

And you are one of the order loving who reads the rules; you are an exception in most forums. Many will read the rules for the General Photoshop Board, especially the one relating to posting links, then they'll make 5 useless comments and they never needed to post a link anyway, just do an upload. Everyone can upload an image from their first post.

Free requests? That has been discussed ad nauseum and our rules are clear. There is a sticky for that. Too many things to enforce, and as admin likes to say, we are not the internet police.

Well, I see you are frustrated by this because miscategorized threads interfere with your perusing the forums for information. I am sorry about that. So much goes under the General Photoshop Forum anyway that you would be hard-pressed to find what you want at any time. The best solution would be to use the forum search feature for your questions or ask them in a thread. I use the search feature myself most of the time.

In any event, welcome to the forum and I hope you get used to our"organization" and enjoy yourself here!

Thanks ibclare for your mature and "polished" answer.

First allow me to apologize. I can assure you that my intention was not to offend, although after reading my earlier post I can see how it could be considered as such. It's hard to show inflection when posting and I tend to forget this. Your very perceptive as your exactly right in interpreting my words as frustration, I did not realize this when I was posting. Your also right, I do tend to be one who prefers rules and order, but, I'm an a adaptive person and I can break the rules with the best of them. When in Rome.

You answered the jest of my inquiry by pointing out that you are short handed with moderators. This explains a lot as I did not consider this with a site of this size.

I don't mind the free work requests, in fact they're very entertaining. I just wish they were all in one place.

Thanks for your kindness and understanding. I've read many of your posts and I respect your opinions and skills.

Thanks for pointing that out Sam, your right about the "Photoshop Gurus Forum Help" section, I just move a bunch after reading your post.
The free requests are a problem, some members like them and use them for practice others don't.
We don't have a single section for freebies because that implies that we're encouraging the posts, we're not.

We leave a few up but delete many you never see.

can you close this thread. It's only 5 months old and settled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back