What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frames Per Second

lindaw

Power User
Ok quick question. Can Flash output 24-30 frames per second at 720x480 screen res? Have a large project for a tv commercial and I have software to handle the file for conversion for the commercial but I didn't want to start in Flash if it can't handle such a large project. The commercial will be atleast 15 min long and have major animation so you can imagine the amount of illustrations I will need to create.

I can use Maya to create the figures in the animation but I am wondering if this isn't something more suited for Director instead of Flash.

From what i know Linda, i don't think Flash would have any specific issues with this project. However, given the true nature of the project and the extensive amount of particulars it will no doubt have, i'd recommend using Director instead.

Any other Flash users have any thought/ideas on this? [excited]

Thanks Mark. I have just read so much that you lose quality in the conversion with Flash so that is why I thought about using Director.
I am also looking at Premiere Pro.

Has anyone used Director or Prem Pro, pros cons, other suggestions?

Well I have found that Flash MX can handle anything upto 2880 x 2880 and 120fps which will be more than enough :D

I do however, like what Premiere has to offer. You can set up all sets in one screen and add your fades there instead of patching them after the different sets are created.

Oh what to do what to do..... [confused]

And then there is AfterEffectts...many 3D users love it for animating...

I think the main problem/goal is output. Flash' .swf is, as far as I know, not compatible with or convertible to mov or avi (divx). So the question is more what do they want than what do I prefer to use.

my (very) small fortune...

You can set up all sets in one screen and add your fades there instead of patching them after the different sets are created.
It's just those kinds of details Linda why i suggested not relying on Flash for this type of project. :B

Frame rate, or frame frequency, is the measurement of the frequency (rate) at which an imaging device produces unique consecutive images called frames. The term applies equally well to computer graphics, video cameras, film cameras, and motion capture systems. Frame rate is most often expressed in frames per second (FPS) and in progressive-scan monitors as hertz (Hz).

LCD TV Compra frigoriferi

Back