What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting rid of red/green light in the picture

Gosia

Hey guys!

I've been experiencing a problem with my camera (Samsung Galaxy NX) that whenever is a cloudy day, adds some "reddish/green" colour to my photos.
Although I'm shooting raws, I can't take these colours off. Images always stay with some hint of those, and the colours are flat and dead, as if I used a filter of some sort...

Help!
(example of a photo in the attachement)

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Please post more examples of problematic photos because the one u just posted looks absolutely fine to me. The only question I have is whether you intended to have a high key effect. If u didn't, then perhaps your camera is over exposing your pix.

Tom

PS - What are you using to evaluate the color accuracy of your images? If it is anything other than a hardware calibrated, good quality monitor, there's a good chance it is misleading you.

Tom

The only thing I see thats red or green is the stop lights. And the other one is orange and not red, so there are color shifts somewhere.

to be honest that seems quite a good picture if that is straight out of camera. the problem your having is more likely due to using auto metering and auto white balance. can you take test shots in full manual control with just auto focus ie setting shutter speed yourself, Iso, White balance and aperature and see how that compares.

@scarmac - The reason one of the red lights is more orange-ish is because it is more overexposed than the other red light, so it has two channels nearly blown out (ie, red and green), whereas the other light has only the red channel blown.

@OP - Do you realize that the image you posted is in Adobe RGB, not sRGB, so depending on what software (and what version of the software) you are using to view it, the colors may not be accurate. Photoshop will, of course, render the colors correctly, but, for example, I seem to remember that Windows' "photo viewer" (or whatever that is called) either isn't color space aware, or only recently became aware of color spaces other than sRGB.

Below is a copy of your image converted to sRGB. If its colors are significantly different (when viewed on whatever software you used before), then that software isn't color-managed.

Tom

example-tjm01-acr-ps01a_sRGB-01_690px_hi.jpg

Back