What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with copying transparency

sgd

This may sound a bit of an odd question... I often find myself having to paste pictures into powerpoint, and, when parts of my picture are transparent, I have to save it as png before importing it into powerpoint, because if I use CTRL C in PS and then paste into powerpoint, the transparent areas appear as white. Surely there must be a way to copy in PS so that the transparency is preserved? I am using CS5 EXT.
Thanks a lot for your tips ;-)

you can't paste transparencies straight into power point from your clipboard, "including some other applications"
unless you save the file first as PNG, TIFF, GIF or other file format that preserves transparencies.

PS and Power point doesn't belog to the same software family so it doesn't share or preserve as many file attributes as it should

that's why the "import or export" command was created in the first place in most of the programs that we use, so the users could share files in between applications under the same OS

Well that certainly explains why I couldn't figure it out! Thanks a lot for letting me know. Out of curiosity, what is it about PS's family that prevent that, unlike something like Gimp that can do it (not that I'd consider switching over this lol!)?

Back