What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with "Select - Modify-Contract" needed Please

Johnymajors

Hi

Admitidly i have been a lurker on this forum for quite a while (i am quite a hermit generally) and normally find answer i need looking over the posts. But have come a cropper on this one as i cant find an answer probably im serching the wrong phasing for it.

I have PS CS5 and all has been working fine until a few days ago where i must have hit a button (or buttons) somewhere along the line and i now have the following issue.

When i use the "Select - Modify-Contract" function - (for simplication lets say on a square) - it alwasy used to contract around all four sides and end up with a smaller square. Now however it only contracts on the sides. So in effect only the bottom edge moves in i.e... i go from a square to a retangle and loose the bottom edge of the square by the set pixel count. (hope this waffling makes sense :redface: )

What has the numbnuts sitting behind this keyboard done?

Cheers -=John=-

It works fine for me using CS5 on Windows 7.
I wonder if you have all the updates installed?
My Photoshop version is 12.0.4

Cheers for the replys and dv8_fx .... i owe you a big wet sloppy kiss .... Reset the prefrences and sorted this issue. Not sure how i naffed it up in the first place but dont personaly care either.

Big Thanks :yourock:

Back