What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a kind of shadow..

Windows7

Power User
Hi guys(maybe girls too.. idk :)),

How can i make a kind of shadow/dark side on just the half of the face/photo like in next pic.. :

0_0_115009_00_292x438.jpg

You see??? The left side is dark very dark.. that is what i want..

I would make a new layer of the photo then use a soft brush with the picker tool picking the darker colour from the photo then brushing it into the new layer around the nose edge then apply a soft blur to the painted edge maybe?
There are other ways like masking with a dark background.

I'd duplicate the layer and darken the copy until the shadows are what you want.
Then I would use a mask with a soft brush and reduced opacity to feather the layers together.

A lot of ways to do that. The guys have outlined some of them.

Unless you want to try the straightforward approach...

Create a new layer .... With a large solid brush, Paint over the areas you want completly jetblack or whatever background color in image. On a new layer and with a slightly smaller brush set at minimum pressure and airbrush , Spray in the faded parts. adjust opacity to r taste.

Final retouch with eraser tool (in your image - around the nose) , Blur tool, Add in extra effects.... .

You may just select the area you need to darken, then feather the borders and Image/Adjustment/Selective color/Black and add %...Good luck.

Back