What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would I achieve this very specific type of 3D text?

D-BLOCK

Iv seen many variations of this as a photoshop.

I want to be able to replace the bottom word FOX with my own word SKID

My usual way for 3D text was off a youtube tutorial where you click the pointer in the top left and then hold ALT and then use the up / left / up left on the direction keypad or whatever variation you prefer.

However...

1) this 3D text is very deep in the 3rd dimension

2) it also doesnt go at the normal 45 degree angle its quite shallow the angle, I had tried compensation with a 2.1 ratio on the directional clicks as opposed to 1.1 but it makes the edges look jaggy.

3) I dont really know where to start to get that brown colour effect and the shading correct for the depth part.

4) If you notice the word FOX is at an angle however the letter 'F' and the left side of the F is actually at right angles and goes straight up, so the text isnt at an angle at all? Or is it? Cant work it out as the Free Transformation button with the corner option to rotate just makes the angle of the slant of the text, but the letters also lean that direction which doesnt happen here.

Any help at all would be very much greatly appreciated as im just getting to grips with this all and iv benefited from some excellent advice in the past.

So thank you all in advance.

P.S. I cant work out the exact Font that is correct but iv been using 'Impact' if there is a better font that applys to the word FOX for me to replace with SKID or you know the exact font used that would be appreciated aswell.

Thanks again

Dylan

Attachments

• Logo_20th_century_fox.jpg
    Logo_20th_century_fox.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok, Allow me to break things down for ya.
Blender is basically like Cinema 4D with less features.
And it is a free 3D modeling software With capabilities of rendering out very nice images.
However I love my Cinema 4D r-12, It may be old but I still love it.

i am fairly sure you can download free templates for this that will give you the font needed

Back