What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm getting frustrated with Photoshop

afam4eva

Please, i've been using photoshop for years but still cannot create something appealing enough. I've been lucky that as a web developer, most jobs that i've been getting over the years are mostly those that require programming and scripting with minimal graphics, so i'm usually able to put it off. But what do i do when i'm told to design a website with good graphical appeal? I think i've resigned to copying other people's designs rather than trying to create my own because it seems i don't have the creativity.

Currently, there's a website that i'm working on and it needs a good graphic design and after i created something, the owner of the site wasn't satisfied with the graphics. I need suggestions on what i can add to this mockup to make it more appealing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• afp-mockup.png
    afp-mockup.png
    220 KB · Views: 9
Hi afam,

Most web developers who can't design graphics usually employ a good creative graphic designer. I don't make a living or supplement my income with my ability or creativity but there are many here who do.

With this in mind, I try to refrain from giving free design advise, hoping to influence others to do the same, in order to steer you, and other developers, towards reimbursing these creative and talented persons for their efforts in creating or contributing to graphics that only you will benefit monetarily from.

We have an excellent Freelance section that I encourage you to use.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:
I understand you perfectly...

But the thing is: where i come from, the pay for web designers is pretty low and not buoyant enough for one to hire a graphic designer. It's also imperative to note that some of these jobs are not paid for before resume of work. It's after showing the client what one is capable of that the issue of deposit will come in. So, this is why most web designers usually handle all that there is to handle.

The logo of web is very appealing you can use the good combination of color.
Use pattern in background. Improve menu , add button effect instead with plan area. Now a days there are many online solution available if you not create your own self.

Use more proper fonts , i dont like fonts in banner. Not even banner image effects.
The right side pool box background is also odd.

afam said:
It's also imperative to note that some of these jobs are not paid for before resume of work. It's after showing the client what one is capable of that the issue of deposit will come in.

I do understand. Your resume/portfolio is a direct representation of you and you work. If you aren't capable of creating acceptable graphics that will please your future employers, then you must employ a graphic designer, whether or not you have a deposit, to bring your designs up to standards.

What did the client not like about the design? I think it is important to start there. I think vizz has the general ideas. I don't like the way the vote button looks. It is hanging out by itself and not aligned in any way that makes design sense to me. The logo is nice. But it hinges on what the client is looking for. You might be sure you have a good idea as to what kind of style is wanted. Do they want a flashy flash intro, a slideshow in the banner? Sometimes if you offer a feature that is unexpected like a slideshow, they may accept the rest of the design. Certainly, there are a lot of things that can spruce up a website, even just the slightest employment of animation such as a rollover. Of course I can't tell from a static image if you use anything like that.

So before you put anymore work into it, try to get everybody on the same page. Explore the options. You might give them font choices. I assume you asked for a color scheme; I like this one btw.

there are some ready made vectors you can use in your design, ask google for it.. if you think you can't do graphics better to use some vector elements to support your designs or projects...

Back