What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imageready question. Animated gif's are funky looking

vumpler

Hey everyone :) I'm not really sure where to post this. I'm not much of a imageready person myself. I'm all about PS. But I've been wanting to learn how to make animated gif's so I figure why not use Imageready because it came with PS :) So anyway here's the problem. It's all about this gif i'm making. It's 13 animated frames. The frames look great in image ready, if I extract the images and view them in photoshop they look great as well. If I open them in windows image viewer they also look great. But if I view them in Unfreez ( a freeware gif editor) or any other freeware gif editor you can clearly see the problem. For some reason imageready is taking the images and short changing them or something. I think it will be best described in screenshot form. What I've highlighted is the same frame inside image ready and in the unfreez program.

The reason this is an issue is because when I save the animated gif the result when viewed online is what is coming up in unfreez (and all other gif editors) not the one thats showing up in imageready.

pic5pz.gif

If this topic needs to be moved please feel free to do so. I just need your help :) Thanks a ton. And every frame has its own disaster to it this single frame is an example. I'm just wondering how to actually save what I'm seeing in the gif in imageready as opposed to it changing it to whatever it is that its doing. Thanks :D

Re: Imageready question. Animated gif's are funky looking... :(

Hi vumpler, to the board! :perfect:

I could help you, but I because I'm quite busy I leave that up to our member namvet, who will be checking in pretty soon. Namvet is THE man when it comes to making animations with ImageReady and I'm pretty sure he can help you on your way! ;)

vumpler .. welcome :) .. and thanks for posting ... I am aware of 'UnFREEz ' .. had a need to try it out about 18 months ago .. didn't have the issues with it that you are describing, but what you are describing and what the pics show seem to me to be that 'Unfreez' has probs with ImageReady and not visa versa ..... \:/ ... I'll have a 'play' with Unfreez tonight (in about 6 hours) and see if I can emulate the issue you have 'cos from there I may find a solution ... in the meantime a question for you ... 'cos it may help ... why are you putting your ImageReady stuff through Unfreez?? ... regards namvet

Yeah I guess I should have explained that. The reason I am looking at it in unfreez is to find out what in the world the problem is with the gif. I have tried everything. Here is the exact reason:

I know myspace is awful and all that good mess but my little brother uses it so I try to make him animations for laughes etc. Anyway when you upload the pictures to myspace the gifs have anomolies I can't explain. But when I open the file in unfreez the anomolies become obvious because you can see exactly what thoes frames are showing. Here is the uploaded gif:

http://myspace-776.vo.llnwd.net/00911/67/79/911319776_s.gif

And here's another one. This one actually causes red blur which is quite odd..

http://myspace-628.vo.llnwd.net/00912/82/67/912697628_m.gif

See how its not smooth in the least? It's got all these extra bubbles popping up and what have you. But I've seen hundreds of bigger animated gifs work fine on myspace under the same circumstances so its definitely something going on on my end of image ready. I just don't know what that is yet :)

I don't have unfreez. So no way I can check it out. But.....

I came across this kind of problem a few times. I do an ani, save it and view it with ACDSee, or Image viewer. And it turns out that the file displays the fuzziness you described.

So I had to restart my computer, and do the image again. It worked and the new file had no problems.

Like Namvet said, the problem may be with unfrez working with ImageReady . Tho I'm not in a position to say... we have to wait till namvet checks it.

How did you save it in IR? ..... dithered, less color range...... Your gif reminds me of some of these settings most especially the lower color range settings.

vumpler ..... my 'revisit' to UnFREEz reminded me why I didn't progress with it .. and my reason was that every frame/layer had to be saved as an image thus blowing out the image size waaay beyond what I could already do with ImageReady .. but hey, UnFREEz is a small, free application program that will be useful to some folk ...
... now back to your problem ... I haven't been able to emulate it ... but I did have a look around at myspace and had problems finding any posted 'gifs' which suggests that the problems aren't associated with the gif making programs but with the site itself and the software/set-up that they have ... the reason I was looking at 'work-arounds' sometime ago ..... (I have had probs with gifs 'breaking up' on other sites) ... that said, maybe one of our members with website/forum set up experience may be able to throw some light on this problem ... I know that's not so helpfull but I will think about it some more and if I find a solution will post again

With that said....... let's see what we can find. I'm sure namvet will find a solution to this.

Hmmmmm.............

Well the reason i even opened the unfreez was to test and see if it shows the same prognosis as what is displaying in myspace. And the fact of the matter is that unfreez clearly depicts exactly what is going on, on myspace. For some reason its hard for me to believe that it doesn't have something to do with the way imageready saves images... It seems like imageready is taking shorcuts using transparencies between frames some how with the gifs and then when you view it on some sites it turns what was transparent into anomolies... I dunno there has to be something up or some other way to save these files with imageready. I just want all the files to sustain their origional properties thrown into the gif. Then it will work 100%

vumpler ... understand what you're saying ... I had a prob with MS GIFAnimator 'cos it didn't like images that had been moved in IR's frames ... question is was that IR's fault for allowing me to move the images or MSGA's fault for not writing their program to accomadate IR's abilities/features .. me thinks that MSGA should have accomadated ... but anyhow you still need a 'work around' and if I find one I will post the answer and in turn that may also help someone else 'cos I'm sure this will come up again ...

Yeah I'm struggling with this for some reason. I see so many gif's on there and none of them have problems. AHH. I've looked at tutorial after tutorial online just to see how other people make the gifs... I can't find a logical reason for htis.

w0000t I figured it out!!!!

Ok it's myspace you were right namvet!!! The problem is when you make the file size to large myspace tries to convert it to the right size and somewhere inbetween it screws it all up. So i resized it first in Imageready and BAM all is perfect!!! Thanks a ton guys!!

Ahhhhhhh...... :rofl:........ We should have thought of the size consideration......

Never figured that. Well it's not your fault. It's the sites conversion thingie.

Glad you found a solution to your haedache.

vumpler said:
w0000t I figured it out!!!!

Ok it's myspace you were right namvet!!! The problem is when you make the file size to large myspace tries to convert it to the right size and somewhere inbetween it screws it all up. So i resized it first in Imageready and BAM all is perfect!!! Thanks a ton guys!!

... vumpler .. am pleased you resolved the problem .... :perfect:

Back