What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

installing frames, borders

namvet

Power User
ok, am miffed ... have downloaded some freebie frames/borders from Sage ... just for a 'look see' ... (http://www.photoshop.brushes.btinternet.co.uk/ ... for the curious) .. unzipped them, had a look at the file extension and they are rfr files (example: floral 003.rfr) .. doh! [confused] ... how do I install these 'things' in PS7?? ... have done a search on PSG and am still clueless ... I also manually looked through the PS folders and files on my computer (couldn't find any rfr files) .. so I did a 'search' of computer and it didn't find any installed files either (and yes I can see 'hidden' files) .. if anyone can explain where these files should reside in PS7 and how I put them there I would appreciate it .. thanks

I had a look at that page, nice link btw ;) and I think the frames you refer to need you to have "Alien Skin Splat!" installed to work.
Quote from the site
FREE frames supplied in .rfr format for use with Alien Skin Splat!
I nearly downloaded them too untill I saw that...

Tao .. oooooppss!! .... didn't read all of the page did I? ... ah well ... thanks for help ...

heh, no problem old chap ;) I do it all the time myself...

Back