What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet Marketing

inkpad.t

Guru
Hi eveyone.

I wass just wondering if any one here is an internet marketer... I believe i am at the satge where i can do a small business online.. Although this is not related to actual Photoshop or anything but stuff made by Photoshop , illstrator, coreldraw etc....

I now my way around web design enough to make my own site and everthing and all that will be involved doing this.. but the actual marketing side is a total differant ball game..

So i was just wondering if some one could point me in the right direction for a beginner.

I understand sertain aspects of marketing like creating a list, submitting articles and writing, but the rest baffles me on which way to go first.

I have put a small plan together so i can start as follows.

CREATE THE ELEMENTS THAT WILL BE SOLD... DONE.
CREATE THE WEBSITE TO SEEL FROM..... DONE.

BUY SOFTWARE FOR WEBSITE... MEMBERSHIP SOFTWARE,DOWNLOAD PROTECTION SOFT ETC.... DONE.

NEXT STEP..
WEB HOSTING.. THAT IS ENOUGH TO COPE WITH WHAT I WANT AND FUTURE EXPANSION ... READY.

GET IN TO SOIAL MEDIA SITES ... ON THE LIST
RIGHT ARTICLES... DONE..
CREATE MINISITES WITH FREEBIES FOR LIST BUILDING AND LINKING... DONE.

BUT FROM HERE... TORTALY LOST.

Any one know a good place where i can get information on how to actualy put it all together and where i shopuld start on the marketing side ?

Thank you for any advise.

Hi,

I am a Photoshoper, graphic design and Internet Marketing. First I want to say Good Luck on your endeavour... it's definitely not easy but it can be very rewarding and a lot of fun!

First thing I would say is join Warrior Forum.. it's only $10 for a lifetime membership. (not to knock this forum, I absolutely love Photoshop Guru but the Warriors will really be able to help you with your IM questions).

I would say, your next step is to implement!

You said you web hosting is ready but not done.. which leads me to believe your website is not live yet. The time to launch is NOW.. even if it's not 100% ready, do it! ..and start selling!

You're correct in saying that you need a list. Do you have an account with Aweber or MailChimp? Get one!!

Do you have a FREE giveaway for your opt it? If not, create an eBook or an awesome Photoshop template, something that people want and they will gladly give you their email address for.

Set that up and start building your list!

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks Rob-IMX.

Yeh.. already join the warrior forum some time ago when i thought of launching back then... not a full member yet and havn't been their in a while.

A WEBER.... yes. got them and some others bookmark on the brouwser ready to get them on board when going live.

Yes.. got a freebie ready for emails to build list... but this is where i have no idea... I do not know how to create that funnel to get people to the site .. i know there is ppc and google ads so on , but i'm sure theres more to this than meets the eye.

I'm sure i have read that people have several sites with differant freebies with links to your site, i have heard of back linking but now idea if a good idea with the changes google keep making or how to do it.

Thanks for the reply and the info you gave me, much appreciated..

Gues i will go back to the Worrior forum and do some research there.

Back linking is very important but they need to be "important" back links as Google would put it.

Social media is great way to do this since social media sites (like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc..) are high ranking so their backlinks are worth more than just a link from another one of your sites.

Another good way to build back links is to answer questions on Yahoo Answers. Just be careful, if you add your link to too many answers, they'll kick you off for "spamming". Good practice is for every 6 random answers, answer one topic relevant and put your site link.

Article submission is good too, on http://www.fiverr.com/, you can get someone to spin your article and submit it to over 7000 article directories for only 5$

it's a long process but building good backlinks will bring more traffic to your site and then a well crafted site will funnel them right to your aweber opt in form to get the freebie :)

Back