What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Load font book fonts into PS CC, REMOVE AND KILL MYRIAD PRO

Reemie

Banned
I have downloaded a trial of PS CC. I see only 25 fonts. How do I get my font book (MAC) fonts into this program?

When I choose a font for a huge project I am working on no matter what I do, the font reverts to myriad pro which I will never use and should be hijacking my chosen font.

How do I get my fonts into this program and how do I kill myriad pro and get it off my computer?

My chosen font is at the other end of the alphabet and I have to waste time waiting to find it each and every time I need it which is constantly. If i open a new image where I need it, guess what shows up?

I have been on hold with the adobe phone number for tech support going on 140 minutes. I don't know what to do ... wait or hang up.

1) This article shows how fonts can be uninstalled on a Mac. I would advise against uninstalling a font because it hardly takes up much space and gives you that extra option when you need it.

2) See if Remsx's privided solution helps you reclaim all fonts in PS.

3) Regarding having to see Myriad Pro as default, try
Type -> Panels -> Character Styles Panel -> double click on None in the Character Style Options -> change Font Family to your desired font -> OK
as suggested here.

4) If these fix your issue, you can hang up on Adobe. lol

Thank you so much. I will try that in the morning. I am exhausted. I waited 4 hours and when the guy got onto my screen he disconnect the call and never called back even though he had taken the number to call back if disconnected. I still don't know how to get my fonts into PS CC. I also hate the fact that I can't permanently move the tools to the right where I have had them for years and years and years. Why would they put tools on the left which means that you have to go across the image to get to them... and most folks are right handed in the first place. So tools on the right is logical. OMG...logic...what a concept. I am pretty sure I despise adobe.

I am not used to Mac, but apparently some fonts are stored in a different folder, rendering them unavailable to applications. The fix specified might get you out of soup. As a company, Adobe is far better than Microsoft in my opinion. Photoshop layout is very customisable, so you can have panels wherever you want them to be.

Thank you all... I called Adobe yet again today and finally got someone who rid my computer of myriad forever and ever. I hope. We will see. They also got all the fonts into PS CC.

Too bad that Adobe is so greedy. I don't like LR and yet I will have to pay for it whether I want to or not. It's like rubbing salt in a wound.

Back