What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac's Page Curl

lindaw

Power User
Ok Messing with some really old plugin's and just wondering is there any way to make the curl be any color besides gray? I know you can adjust the transp. and such but I don't see where you can get any other color besides the default gray. Anyone else use this plugin?

Oh heck never mind. Break out the pen tools, duh! Also found Page Curl by AV Brothers that might do just what I need. Onward.... :B

Thanks Welles. I just purchased Page Curl. Love it!!! I had the old, old, old....well old freebie plug in and that wasn't doing anything but upsetting the way the planet revolves so I moved on to Page Curl 2. Wonderful options.

And there is always the pen tool which I love but for a brief moment forgot existed [confused]

I highly recommend AV Bros. Page Curl! :} :B

Ya i'll also be talking about the AV plugins here shortly. Been using them for about a week trying them out. For what they are, i like em.

I'm gonna post a thread in the "Flters" board about this. Just haven't had any time at all lately to be on my comp.

I've also explored Puzzle Pro quite extensively and provided them with some small suggestions which will be incorporated in the next version and one somewhat more major suggestion which is under consideration. That was to have the ability to use a mask (or selection prior to loading the image) and automatically have an outline around the edge of the selection the same width as the splitter thickness which would constrain the cutters as well. In the fairness of full disclosure, they gave me a license for Puzzle Pro in exchange for a thorough study and thoughtful feedback.

Here's the little demo image I made to exemplify the idea. It was a simple Terragen landscape.

Yeah I have been emailing with tech support over some bugs I found in Page Curl and what I did to fix them. Hmmm an offer of a lic for Puzzle Pro would be nice for my effort :D ...just kidding!

I have tested software for 8 years now so it's just how I am when I find something wrong or something that needs to be added. Pretty cool program!

lindaw,

While I'm not exactly a beta tester, I do tend to push the limits of software I purchase and always provide feedback to the developers if I find a problem or a limitation. On several occasions, I've had the engineers scratch their heads in amazement that someone would try to use their software in ways they had never envisioned. Inevitably though, they are interested in the feedback because an artist's use of the software is an important part of development. I'm pleased to say that I've had a small effect on the development of half a dozen plugins for Photoshop and a dozen or so other small applications.

Back