What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making A DW Website Using Photoshop

Frey

Banned
Apparently there is a way to make a website in Dreamweaver using a PSD file, is that true? I am interested in making a website thats contents look like a comic book page. Does anyone have a tutorial on how I can do this? I already have a comic book page template. I just need to add content.

Actually vampire it's true! lol. In fact, today, Hoogle and I were talking about that. I don't know if he is making a tutorial for it or not, but once he sees the title of this thread, I bet he stops by. If not, probably someone else will or I'll see if I can take you through it tomorrow or as soon as i have time.

Do you have any experience in Dreamweaver by the way? It will help a lot if you have any web creation experience. It isn't really necessary since it's not difficult, but it could be a bit hard to follow without a tutorial and pictures if you are a newbie to making a site.

I have some web design experience. I took Web Design 1 and 2 in college and am going for my certificate in web design as well although I consider myself less than mediocre at it. I have no experience with Dreamweaver though. Before I used HTML validator. So I guess from here should I start making some PSD files that look like what I want the website to look like?

Yes it is Possible to do it all in photoshop and word pad or even easier if you have dreamweaver. I am actually going to start a tutorial series on it it soon just to introduce the basic method.

I am away for the night leaving shortly but Maybe tomorrow night I will have something done.

Google slicing psd for web or something.

Ok I didn't use Dreamweaver to make this as I am used to HTML Validator. This is the basic of the basic for the site. It is nowhere near finished. I am hoping when Moeller gets some of the designs done he will be willing to let me decorate the site with them. Some feedback would be really appreciated.

http://halfblood.zxq.net

Hey Vamp, that's all you'll need to recognize what you have to do in Dreamweaver. All DW is, is a program to put it all together. The more code you know the better but not necessary. I was just suggesting it'll be easier to transfer over since you have PS experience and HTML, etc.

Hoogle will be liekly around to demonstrate before I am, and anyway he's the webmaster and the tutorial go to guy! :mrgreen:

Dreamweaver is fine to setup website but if I can share my own experience, I would at anytime recommend using Visual Studio, you get a lot more functionality and there is a lot of "Drag'n'Drop" features aswell if you don't know anything about programming.

You can, just as with Dreamweaver deicide only to setup your website using xhtml&Css but, if you are interest in programming, I would suggest using Visual Studio and maybe get a little bit into C#, or atleast make use of a Masterpage.

But you can also slice out you're website in Photoshop and make it generate the HTML needed. I do not, however recommend this approach.

to create a static website, I usually use dreamweaver. but to create a dynamic website I prefer using wordpress. :banghead:

Back