What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matching perspective

YossiD

I photograph products for marketing collateral where I work, and use Photoshop for simple enhancements like removing backgrounds, adjust colors, combining images, etc. I am anything but a Photoshop expert, and learn new functions/techniques when I need them. Now I need to match perspectives of two pictures. Here's the issue.

I photographed an assembled electronic circuit board in a more-or -less isometric perspective. Now I am being asked to "remove" a component, which would require adding the features that are blocked by that component.

To add those featues I can photograph a bare circuit board (no components assembled) and try to copy the affected section onto the original picture (is this what is called compositing?).

Since I do not have fixed positions for the camera and circuit board when photographing, my biggest challenge will be matching the perspective of the two pictures. Are there any Photoshop tricks that can help me with that, or do I just need to play with perspective/skew until it looks ok?

Thanks.

Since I do not have fixed positions for the camera and circuit board when photographing, my biggest challenge will be matching the perspective of the two pictures. Are there any Photoshop tricks that can help me with that, or do I just need to play with perspective/skew until it looks ok?
Hard to say without seeing what you're describing, but probably the latter. Or you could hire an experienced editor to composite the images. It doesn't sound very difficult to me -- but, again, it's hard to tell with words but no images.

Back