What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most common Generative Fill Issues seen ?

rampant_user

What are some of the biggest issues/bugs seen with these?
  • Generative Fill/Expand
  • Remove Tool
  • Object Selection Tool/Auto masking
  • Any other latest photoshop features

I'm facing inaccuracy: Generative Fill can sometimes produce inaccurate results, especially when dealing with complex scenes or objects with intricate details.

Conversely, The Remove Tool can sometimes struggle to identify and remove objects accurately, especially when dealing with things with similar colours or textures to the background.

The same thing about The Object Selection Tool can sometimes make inaccurate selections, especially when dealing with objects with complex shapes or edges.

So in the tutorial image with the house, I'm immediately amazed. But my results on my own random pics are not nearly as cool. Anyone else think that maybe they cheated by adding hundreds of variants into that specific photo for the AI to process?

So in the tutorial image with the house, I'm immediately amazed. But my results on my own random pics are not nearly as cool. Anyone else think that maybe they cheated by adding hundreds of variants into that specific photo for the AI to process?
The cheat is that they went thru hundreds (thousands) of images to find one that had a perfect result. Keep in mind that generative fill can be used in small steps not just a large change. I've read that generative fill works best with a 1024 X 1024 pixel replacement. Beyond that, it begins to pixelate. The marketing videos ultimate goal is to sell. The reality is these are tools of convenience and that there are other choices in the toolbox that work as well or better takes a bit more work.

Back