What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help creating Oval shape Gradient background

emailaak

Can someone tell me the steps in creating a background like this:

simole.png

I was able to use a gradient in Radial mode, but can't get that oval effect, please help.

I think a Radial Gradient was used....

But the oval light shape may have come from an outer glow from the text. Could be wrong.

Its a vignette, go to if i'm not mistaken filter > lens correction . custom ( second tab) look for vignette, there are two movable markers the first deals with the midpoint i believe (am not a Photoshop right now) , the further you move it to the left of the screen the smaller the light circle will be , then amount which deals with how much of a shadow (black) actually goes into the vignette )

inkz you may just be right , i was wondering how a vignette would get that far into the corner...It probably in hindsight is just a greyish background and large outer glow (white on the text)

1) fill the background with the color you want
2) select the marquie tool and select the area you want and fill with white on a new layer
3) apply gaussian blur to the new white layer
4) select the move tool and put it where you want it.
1.JPG

Go to filter>blur>gaussian blur and adjust the slider to just the right amount that you want.

Back