What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some critique on my Phtoshop project =/

Luzarin

Well, I have an Digital Media elective in my school.. Decided to give it a try, but realised I wasn't that fantastic in Digital Media after all. Here's what I have done so far..

Feel free to comment :cheesygrin:

frontbackcom2-5-6-2.jpg

hmm... i see sooooo much i would change

ill start from the top and work my way down
first off instead of having some kind of strip affect around the the blue difference clouds, you could have an image of torn paper, like this one, and cut out the white part, then set te rest to multiply.

fill a layer behind the torn paper with black, so that it only shows through the empty part of the paper

put your face layer on top of that, and add a layer mask, then paint away the edges with a large soft-edge brush, so it just fades to black

set the fire around the word "devil" to screen

set the star to multiply

quick select the eye on the face layer, then add a layer mask to the blue flames, or just resize the flames so that the stay withtin the eye

lose the hands, it is actually not that easy to get them perfectly cut out, and even harder to make them fit in

set the wings to 100% opacity

set the light rays around the word "angels" to screen

change the color of the blue font

if you give me the psd, im sure i could come up with more, and actually show you

I don't care for the fonts. They have no visual interest, they are pushing into the edges, and they are out of synch with each other.Try spacing them a little more evenly and pulling them away from the edges.

Personally, I would change the color of the wings; to me they just look muddy.

Take dirty's advice if you can. And if you change the rays around "angel" to screen, that should take care of the fact that the rays look like a saw cutting into the kid's head. So you may want to look at that relationship.

I like your concept and I applaud you for getting in there and trying. Don't sweat it if you can't follow everything. More will be revealed :mrgreen: Just have fun.

Firstly, thanks for all the replies =D

Can't get the black in be on the empty area =X . Instead it got on the paper lol :banghead:

I changed both the "Devil" and "Angel" words to Screen ; but it looks a little weird .. Or does it haha .

I've changed the effect of the angel wings to Multiply , dunno if it helps in making it look better.

I am kinda dumbfounded as to how to go about re-arranging the phrases around to avoid the edges.. Did some minor shifting.

frontbackcom2-5-6-2-1.jpg

First of all, let me say that for a first effort it's creative and and layout is good.

Otherwise, scour the net for blending methods. The biggest issue with this is that it looks like you cut a bunch of pictures out of a magazine and stuck them on with glue. Learn how layers go together and how you can make them blend seamlessly.

It's way nicer. Good job working it over. And you're brave to come and ask for critique, lol. Keep coming back. We love to watch the progression and learning.

First of all, let me say that for a first effort it's creative and and layout is good.

Otherwise, scour the net for blending methods. The biggest issue with this is that it looks like you cut a bunch of pictures out of a magazine and stuck them on with glue. Learn how layers go together and how you can make them blend seamlessly.

Lol now that you mention, you've got a strong point there. It seriously looks copy and pasted somehow =X .

It's way nicer. Good job working it over. And you're brave to come and ask for critique, lol. Keep coming back. We love to watch the progression and learning.

Thanks =). Can you teach me on how to apply the black layer to be inside the 'hole' in the paper instead of on the paper ?
I used clipping mask and applied black.

Back