What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Graphic (request)

bahamafotoshoppe

Holo! Havent been on here in a while due to school. But been fascinated with election grahiocs since november.

I'd like a recreation of this one if you guys can :devilish:

wrfhw4.jpg

and or this one

250hua9.png \

the latter i'd like because ive been trying and i never get the gradient right.:banghead: It looks weird and loud. And any ideas on the font?

Heres one of FOX one's i tried recently

eqco5k.png :)

For the Latter in the MSBC series a JPG would do good or if you're so kind a PSD... Thanks in advance!

Hi bahama, If I'm reading this right, you want someone to "recreate" the first and second graphic in it's entirety or just certain parts? I'm willing to help you with whatever your having trouble with, but not re-creating the entire graphic! You would have to post this request in the freelance section.

Last edited:
I take it you mean the color gradient in the border of the box?

If so, you can do that by creating the box using any method, such as the shape tool to create a frame. Then fill it with a gradient. Or you can fill it with any color, and in layer effects add a gradient overlay with the two colors chosen as BG and FG. The background within the frame is just a texture, probably part of the photo, a backdrop.

Here is one way to do what I described. Hope this answers your question.

frame.PNG

PS You can adjust the gradient stops by right clicking on the gradient image. Use the circle to change the angle. You can make a solid box and do the same, then defining your center, line the frame and the picture up. Use the stroke layer effect if desired.

Last edited:
Here's the Roger Wicker headshot recreated at the proportional size needed for a 1920x1080 HD reproduction.

wicker_headshot.png

Here's the source image I used.

wicker.jpg

Back