What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Logo Concept

Inkz

Guru
Here's one of my latest designs...

This is one of those logos you decide to make when you have no clue what to make. I just started out with a simple square in AI, then took it from there.

It really has no meaning or concept, didn't follow a briefing, just rolled with it lol.

[/URL]paintsm_zpsda2251e4.png

SpeedArt:

Excuse the music, my son asked me to put it in lol.

Last edited:
I like it a lot, though if the colours flowed from one to another more in order, I think I would love it. Probably because I'm just a tiny bit OCD, but I like logical order rather than ordered chaos. Maybe not chaos as such, but in this case, light drizzles of randomness, although you have kept the basic arrangement of colour ROYGBIV. There is something else about it that is niggling me. I think it is the smoothness of the inner circle, but I'm not sure. The spaces between the letters in the paint make the word an interesting focal point in it's own right, and really like the simple clean font.

Good stuff!

I really like it! Like Spruce, I like the simplicity of the font. I'm OK with the colors of the wheel the way they are. The shadow is the only thing not working for me.

I might like the shadow better if it were more like this.........
ShadowExample_01.png

Much more diffuse though. I left it sharp for the example. Maybe a bit more elongated or lightened at the top as the shadow disperses in the distance, like this......
ShadowExample_02.png

Please remember that this is only an opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't want to seam like I was picking on everything, so I left a bit out, like a shadow for the log, but not for the txt.

This is actually the post that made me want to join this forum.

Could you by any chance teach me how you were able to select things so quickly?
Like the blue lines and measurements allowed you to select constant right triangles when choosing the colors.

That was amazing how well you optimized the time.
What settings do I have to have activated on photoshop?
And what tool did you use?

Thanks
-watloves

Many thanks for your asking...

First off, it's a speed art, the whole thing took about an hour lol. So, a lot to explain. What I will do is break it down in 2 or 3 real time tutorials starting from scratch.

Watch this topic as I will update it with the new tutorials.

Back