What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS4 Save For Web problem?

wm820

I am using Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7. When I try to save a Sliced PSD file using "Save for Web" as a JPEG, the software changes most of the slices to GIF images. The image mode is set to 16 bit and I enter the Format as "JPEG High Quality" in the Save for Web box. I just can't figure out the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

16 bit for web ?? I would convert it to 8 bit and in your save for web preset box select png-24 try that and if that works problem solved you can then try jpeg or whichever preset you desire. But I am guessing the issue here is the fact your working with a 16 bit document.

I could be wrong because I don't know exactly what you did, but my guess is that you did not select all the slices before you adjusted the settings for saving, so whatever settings you entered only applied to the single slice that happened to be selected. If you want identical settings to apply to saving all of the slices, you have to first select all of them.

Tom

When the box for saving comes up, is it set for jpeg or gif ? Upper right corner the dialog is there

Thanks TOM. You were right about not selecting all the slices. I used to use CS2 and I don't recall ever having to do that but I could be wrong. Thanks for your help.

Back