What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Temp File

lindaw

Power User
My pshop temp file is very large with nothing open. I reset my prefs and it still remains the same. It was 65 megs now it is 130. Is there some other file or files I need to delete? I haven't add any filters actions etc. Pshop has the original files. I am running pshop 7 on W2K. My memory is set at 40% with no history cache and I have the pics turned off on the layers palette. Just trying to understand why it is growing even after a prefs reset. I did a print screen of a clients site and brought that into pshop to make a psd and since then the temp file has doubled. That is why I reset the prefs thinking somehow this file was still in the clipboard cache but the reset did not help the temp file size. The temp file is on a seperate hard drive for the primary and the secondary is on the E drive.

Thanks!

I had this same issue with PS6 Linda. It has to do with your Pattern Library being fully loaded.

Try doing what i do...

Reset your Pattern Library and then hold the ALT key while clicking on all of the default patterns except one. Leave only one in the list and then save that one pattern as "startup.pat".

Whenever you're not using your patterns, simply load the "startup" pattern library, which will only contain one file, and thus will strip moocho megs from your doc's scratch size. In my case this stripped over 200 meg from it. [confused] :B

If you close PS while that pattern library is loaded then it'll stay there until you choose to load another library group instead.

Hope that helps. If not let me know.

PS: i tested this also with the Vector Shapes library and they have no visible effect on the doc's scratch size.

Back