What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator PS and Illustrator paths

gare

Power User
One of the nice things about Illustrator is that it and Photoshop use a private clipboard (AI CB), so you can copy and paste paths from Illustrator to PS. If you want to get paths into PS from Xara Xtreme, you need Illustrator as the intermediary?export as AI from Xara, then load the saved file in Illustrator.

There?s a really neat PS plug-in by ShineyCore called PathStyler; it comes in an Illustrator version, but that?s extra bucks. PathStyler creates bevels and embosses and simulates textures such as metal, rust, plastic, and bricks. You can stroke paths in Photoshop (actually, you can use any tool?I recently needed to Dodge along a path to create neon tubing), but PathStyler is just plain fun and logo creation is a snap.

Here?s four different PathStyler treatments using only one path; I did this for a heavy metal band who couldn?t decide one a single look.
http://www.plugsnpixels.com/pathstyler.html

My Best,

Gare

Nice tips Gare. I didn't even notice that you could do that! That's something that I should've figured out by myself. :\

- Al

Back