What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS FFX Help - "super glow"

GIF89a,dA?@?'?? ??
*??
} UX?`?5? "i?B??<?,???X??j?L?BZkE?(
%?????E? ?
`??v?0hgJ?L?f:???M)68(?7??-?J4!l
?????]?????K?U??pIK?r??s??x???$
??]??????r???,s?"!Z????Q!??x"??dL??h?5HN<(???
%2h?`?5??8??'??rM? ?#u???Z?a `??SwL?S??D???^??&?O???@??lEj<????e?T????l|ZHX@?d??s?E?`y??p?'}??x?? ??4???d??A X????-??D?$^?4?hA\N??\???9?;?

Let's hope it is not a virus hidden in the text...

You posted a txt file, not an image!

Erik, using a .txt as an extension for a graphic file is a commonly used way of getting round the limitations of 'free servers' (such as geocities, that do not allow direct linking to images. Not saying that is right or wrong! Depedning on what browser you use, it may or may not display as an image or gobbly gook.

Airbrushing and gaussian blurring might be what your looking for Leet. Really depends on the image you start with. Can you give more details.

::edit:: moved to the PS general forum as this is not a PS technical question.

i think its a filter that makes the glow. i mean, blurring doesnt make it GLOW... just not sure which...

Not even close to a filter effect! This is line art, elegant and simple, except the lines are "neon green". Possibly the slightest Layer Style Outer Glow in the same hue.
Ditto for the text and background. It's a good duotone color scheme.

You'll find most of the really "WOW!" graphics you see on the web are NOT made with filters. Most of the good graphic artists will only use filters to enhance their original art, not create it. Also, the REALLY good ones do it so subtly that the word "filter" never even comes to mind.

Quit yer snivelin'.

Looks like Find Edge + Gradient Map to me.

Copy your target.
Filter > Stylize > Find Edges
Set blending mode to Multiply
Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Gradient Map
Set one end to green and the other end to black

Should give you a good start.

Back