What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About an Effect

Hi I'm new here, first question! Does anyone know what this designer does to achieve this effect on the people? I included some of the original photos of the people side by side for comparison. I'm a mixtape designer primarily and just looking around at some different styles. I have messed around in Photoshop for a while trying to figure this out but can not get it right. Anyone who can help please do! Thanks!

Everything-on-Deck-5.jpg

If it is too small to see the effects here is a link to full-size:
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/mgierl19/Everything-on-Deck-5.jpg

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Everything-on-Deck-5_v2.jpg
    Everything-on-Deck-5_v2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
1st of they are are obviously cloned
well lit pics to begin with
put each person on a layer
play with exposures some on the slight + some on the slight - side
then some of them and certaily some of the elements in the picture have a soft colour over lay on them
and there is a near transparant vignette over them either white or grey

Thanks for your help!

But do you notice how (if you click the image till you can view it in full size) the people have some type of effect on them, like almost paint daubs or something like that? It more clearly defines shapes in the people's faces, kinda gives them that cartoony effect. it's not as noticeable when small only when viewed full size. I placed the original photos of the people on the cover so they can be compared to the altered ones side by side. Thanks!

I did this by doing a new layer changing it with the poster edges tool, then playing around with contrast and light.

Attachments

• Everything-on-Deck-5_v2 copy.jpg
    Everything-on-Deck-5_v2 copy.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 20
Everything-on-Deck-5.jpg
Here is what I was able to do. I only did the effect on French Montana (guy in front with the purpleish/blueish shirt). Just did some sharpening, some dodge & burn, etc..

Hi JuiceOnTheLoose

I was experimenting a bit and this is what i got so far:

TI.jpg TI_00.jpg

Basically extract the main subject in order to add some bevel and emboss to get the glow like FX, also added some light satin if needed, then used a plugin called Topaz Clean in order to give it the cartoony like effect, added some soft green spots and that will be it.

Hope this Helps.

I tried again, as i don't have Topaz all i can do is use the tools within CS2. New layer extract/emboss/cut out, play around with settings, contrast colours add green effect overlay, lighten.

Attachments

• TI.png
    TI.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 9
I wont keep uploading pictures when it is about as close as you want it already posted but if you want this kind of effect definately get topaz detail adjust and clean if you stack the filters on top of each other you can get some really cool looking images

@ belial what's that on his mouth?

Back