What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Text From an Image with a rather complex Background

bordeaux26

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if it was indeed possible to remove text from an image with rather detailed background. I'm no stranger to Photoshop and the Adobe Family however I've tried several methods and all of them seem to work but finished result looks obviously doctored...

Here is the image, my client wants the price from the image to vanish, while retaining the background!rotating-banner-korando1.png
I have tried myself to accomplish such a result but my attempts at this, render the result quite obviously doctored so I was hoping to reach out to Photoshop gurus such as yourselves for advice or help in the matter!

Cheers

The background is blurred already so you got that in your favor, the clone tool would do that with no problem especial at 72 resolution,Print that may need a bit more tlc

Thanks for the reply, I've tried the clone tool but the distance between "Korando S Diesel....." and the price is way to narrow for me to accomplish this successfully... I even went so far as to crop that portion of the banner and then clone it and apply it to the banner, which seemed to work, however it didn't line up correctly.

Hi bordeaux26 and welcome!

Please bear with me on this one! I have a simple question, shouldn't your client have the original image and PSD file on this manip?
So all you have to do is change the text?

IamSam, in a perfect world yes however my client is the president of a sub division of the dealership so he just gets me to use the banners from the main dealership, they in turn have the PSD files however aren't at liberty to provide them, so therein lies my conundrum.

Gotcha! It certainly would have made matters easier.

Ok, I did a test. The clone tool and the smudge tool are going to be your best bet! Zoom in and work very small. Constantly change the target area.

Here, I removed the zero. I think the rest would come off as easy and it would look fairly convincing.

rotating-banner-korando1.jpg

Why not just cut the car out and put it on a similar background and blur it that way you only have to deal with what is it, 4 0r 5 letters

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if it was indeed possible to remove text from an image with rather detailed background. I'm no stranger to Photoshop and the Adobe Family however I've tried several methods and all of them seem to work but finished result looks obviously doctored...

Here is the image, my client wants the price from the image to vanish, while retaining the background!View attachment 30970
I have tried myself to accomplish such a result but my attempts at this, render the result quite obviously doctored so I was hoping to reach out to Photoshop gurus such as yourselves for advice or help in the matter!
Cheers

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...-YOWskjy2CxqMQYHPOB8sSDs&width=700&height=339

The Fastest Way is to Use the Tools that Are Available to Today's Internet User.

If there is a Image that has been Manipulated? ...There is a Good Chance there is a Clean Copy Online.

Extensions for Browsers allow Quick Reference Images if they are Available. Use Google Image Search and Tinyeye to find Matches if they are Available.

Here is the Image You Seek, Clean with No Text. Today's Search Engines are Powerful Resources for the Aspiring or Professional Photoshopper when they don't have time to Shoot their own Images.

Take Care, Tracy Mapes

ssangyong-korando-line-españa-500x302.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, Thanks heaps guys for help, I now know who to come to with matter such as these... with the pic provided (thanks IAmSam) I merely just replicated the original....

rotating-banner-korando_replication.png

To any general user or customer I'm sure no one will know the difference so...

Ok, Thanks heaps guys for help, I now know who to come to with matter such as these... with the pic provided (thanks IAmSam) I merely just replicated the original....

View attachment 30993

To any general user or customer I'm sure no one will know the difference so...

That's Right _ _ _ _ _ Thank the Guy who Gave You the Fish, instead of the One Who Tried to Teach You to Fish. _ _ _ _ _!

I apologise Tracy Mapes, but in saying that I did first and foremost thank everyone who posted on the thread providing their input so I really fail to see what's making you so perturbed!

I took your advice to heart and searched for a larger version of the photo you had provided alas to no luck as I admittedly fail when it comes to adequately searching for specific content due to the internet being unbelievably vast... and upon my re-arrival to the thread I had posted IamSam just so happened to have found it before I did....

So again thank you!

That's Right _ _ _ _ _ Thank the Guy who Gave You the Fish, instead of the One Who Tried to Teach You to Fish. _ _ _ _ _!
Well I will thank you instead. I appreciate now knowing how to fish because I am sure at some point in the future I will need to do so. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Last edited:
Well I will thank you instead. I appreciate now knowing how to fish because I am sure at some point in the future I will need to do so. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I cannot figure out how you did the search that way. If I start with a bare google search page I am not able to get the interface you did. So how did you manage to get the pic of the car in the search term box?

I cannot figure out how you did the search that way. If I start with a bare google search page I am not able to get the interface you did. So how did you manage to get the pic of the car in the search term box?

Well? ...Dear Sir or Sirette?

First I Browse with Google Chrome. I'm Sure there are Other Browsers that have similar Extensions available for them Also?

But Google Image Search and Tinyeye, are both Browser Extensions that are free to Download Here:

Google Image Search
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-by-image-by-google/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm?hl=en

Tinyeye
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/tinyeye?hl=en

Jeffery's EXIF Data Viewer
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/Jeffery's EXIF?hl=en

These are My 3 Favorite Image Extensions for the Chrome Browser. Google Image Search is by far the Best.

It allows You Quickly Search for Images by clicking on the Camera Icon over any Photo on the Web, and it even will Find the Original Images if a Photoshopped Image hasn't been altered too much. They are Great Image Web Tools.

Tinyeye is not as fast or efficient, but it doesn't hurt to have secondary options when you have a Photo that You just have to have.

Jeffery's EXIF Data Viewer is Great if You Want to Show Someone Third Party Confirmation of Either Copyright Info, or Date a Picture was Taken, or Camera Settings, or If an Image Application such as Photoshop has been used to Manipulate an Image.

They are Great Tools, All Free that every Image and Web Designer should have at their fingertips.

Take Care, Tracy Mapes

Here's how to do it...

Search.jpg

See that camera in the google search field? Click that and upload the image in question. google will do the search for similar or close matching images.

I should have done this the first time I saw this thread... lol ... saved your troubles ... anyways, you've got a lot to choose from now...

there's one there at 1600x1067 size ....

Oh.... just fully read Tracy's post .... He gave the idea .....

Heyyy I like look of this one... must visit showroom.

Last edited:
BG4,

This is nothing new. In addition to dv8's post, you can drag and drop any image onto Google's entry window on their image search page and Google will do the rest.

Well? ...Dear Sir or Sirette?

First I Browse with Google Chrome. I'm Sure there are Other Browsers that have similar Extensions available for them Also?

But Google Image Search and Tinyeye, are both Browser Extensions that are free to Download Here:

Google Image Search
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-by-image-by-google/dajedkncpodkggklbegccjpmnglmnflm?hl=en

Tinyeye
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/tinyeye?hl=en

Jeffery's EXIF Data Viewer
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/Jeffery's%20EXIF?hl=en

These are My 3 Favorite Image Extensions for the Chrome Browser. Google Image Search is by far the Best.

It allows You Quickly Search for Images by clicking on the Camera Icon over any Photo on the Web, and it even will Find the Original Images if a Photoshopped Image hasn't been altered too much. They are Great Image Web Tools.

Tinyeye is not as fast or efficient, but it doesn't hurt to have secondary options when you have a Photo that You just have to have.

Jeffery's EXIF Data Viewer is Great if You Want to Show Someone Third Party Confirmation of Either Copyright Info, or Date a Picture was Taken, or Camera Settings, or If an Image Application such as Photoshop has been used to Manipulate an Image.

They are Great Tools, All Free that every Image and Web Designer should have at their fingertips.

Take Care, Tracy Mapes

Thanks for this,,,my main browser is Opera but I do have Chrome on my PC and will look into the extensions you have mentioned. Much appreciated.

Here's how to do it...

View attachment 31001

See that camera in the google search field? Click that and upload the image in question. google will do the search for similar or close matching images.

I should have done this the first time I saw this thread... lol ... saved your troubles ... anyways, you've got a lot to choose from now...

there's one there at 1600x1067 size ....

Oh.... just fully read Tracy's post .... He gave the idea .....

Heyyy I like look of this one... must visit showroom.

Ah, excellent. Thanks for this as I am able to use it with Opera. Still, will check out the Chrome extensions and see if there are differences in the images returned. Thanks guys.

Back