What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save as HDRI in CS5?

Hambrodian

I need to save an image as an HDRI with that extension in order to use it in another program. I figured out how to save as an open EXR but the program does not recognize that format. Is it possible to save as an HDRI? If not, do you have any recommendations for creating HDRI files?

Do you mean the "Merge To HDR Pro" command in Photoshop? According to the below link, you can save as an .hdr file.

help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS741E588A-09B7-4213-8FAF-80BAE73D9E6Ba.html

If not, maybe try using a different software for it. I know Photomatix is excellent for all things hdr

It is advisable to make several shots with a tripod at different speeds and exposure, then use the option File, Automatize, Combine To HDR Pro; (or similar)
but in photoshop cs5 only can save .hdr witch 32 bits option; if you combine in 16 or 8 bits, the option save .hdr not appear.

Back