What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save settings JPEG and Save for web...

Windows7

Power User
Hi guys,

I only use my photos/affiches for to watch online so not for printing and i'm doubting which is then THE best format to save to? JPEG or Save for web?

Btw: for jpeg which are the exact (best)settings to get a clear sharp image when you upload it to facebook or somewhere else? The same for Save for web? Which are there the best settings?

Thank you,

It doesn't matter how you save it if your goal is to upload to Facebook. Facebook compresses and kills image quality no matter how sharp or perfect the image is.

If you putting the photo on the internet, use "save for web", its there for a reason. Jpg high

copy/paste info:
Which File Format Should You Choose?
The help manual of a popular screen capture program offers the following suggestions

GIF format is limited to 256 colors and is a lossless compression file format, a common choice for use on the Web. GIF is a good choice for storing line drawings, text, and iconic graphics at a small file size.

PNG format is a lossless compression file format, which makes it a common choice for use on the Web. PNG is a good choice for storing line drawings, text, and iconic graphics at a small file size.

JPG format is a lossy compressed file format. This makes it useful for storing photographs at a smaller size than a BMP. JPG is a common choice for use on the Web because it is compressed. For storing line drawings, text, and iconic graphics at a smaller file size, GIF or PNG are better choices because they are lossless.

Back