What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

started out as a simple skin touch up

View attachment 4812
on this attempt i cheated a bit I used bloat tool liked the left side better so copied it onto the right for a more symetrical look but really I think that is the best I can do

LoL...that looks even worst...sorry.
Leave it for a day and with fresh eye try again sometimes that helps a lot.

Well, I think the lips look better, if not realistic. The entire face looks rather flat to me; maybe too many skin corrections, too smooth, no imperfection; in fact, no skin grain. I think you got carried away alright! LOL. Still, I admire the work you did, especially the nose which is fairly subtle; that's good. How about the middle section of the bottom lip? looks like a line down the middle could use a bit of touch up. Just my thoughts and I'm an amateur and a forum newbie, so please don't be insulted. I don't mean it that way at all. Cheers, IB

I suggest use mask on lips and just adjust color by curves and overlay blending mode. And little something to reduce glare.

Hope you don't mind but make one.

Copied back black lips with mask (maded by pen tool).
Copied layer and with cuves made it lip color then turn it overlay. Now colored one copied with normal mode that make lips better look, acctually i just experemented maybe it isn't necessary (but for me both theese layer gives better result than one of them):

lips-cor.jpg

A few layer changes and a good paint brush.

Attachments

• b4after copy.jpg
    b4after copy.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 13
I guess the problem Is I had no direction I went in to photoshop to do 1 thing but then i thought beauty makeover i recorded the whole thing and I know where I went wrong after watching video playback. but once you stare at a picture for so long then you loose all concept next time will plan ahead and have a better starting image thanks for everyones input and check out the video on youtube you will see where i went wrong straight away give you a clue wrong colour skin overlay then it just went downhill from there spent so much time working on the skin that still fails that neglected the rest beyond repair I guit on this picture

Amazing work, but the lips, chin and nose shapes are pretty far off from the original. The eyelashes bother me a little too. But this is great overall. The hair is really nice!

Back