What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time lapse in duplicated window for digital drawing

gravy_baby

I am trying to make a time lapse of my drawing without all the annoying zooming in and out that happens if I recorded the original window. Basically I duplicate the window that I am drawing in by going to window - arrange - new window for and then the name of the current project. I move the duplicated window to my second monitor but when I draw a brush stroke in the original window it doesn't show the brush stroke in motion, instead it just shows the brush stroke when it is finished... Is there a way to make the brush stroke happen in real time in the duplicated window? Otherwise I might as well just record turning all the different layers on when they are finished and defeats the purpose.

Without the second monitor, I can reproduce your described issue on the second duplicate window set up side by side. The term "window" may not be proper as Ps actually opens a duplicate document. I don't think there's much that can be done about the time lag between the two documents. Ps shows the real time Brush stroke in the active document, and then quickly copies it as a whole complete stroke without motion in the duplicated document.

I will see if there's a possible fix, but I doubt that there will be!

Without the second monitor, I can reproduce your described issue on the second duplicate window set up side by side. The term "window" may not be proper as Ps actually opens a duplicate document. I don't think there's much that can be done about the time lag between the two documents. Ps shows the real time Brush stroke in the active document, and then quickly copies it as a whole complete stroke without motion in the duplicated document.

I will see if there's a possible fix, but I doubt that there will be!
Thanks for the help, I tried to attempt to do a workaround using actions and checking the "allow tool recording" option which didn't really work to the full extend that I would like, I basically did some brush strokes with different brushes to see if the actions would record correctly - when the action is played back it does register the brush strokes but most of the time it doesn't register when you change brushes and uses the same brush for all the brush strokes, I followed the bottom tutorial
It just baffles me if the actions can record my process like that how is it now implemented into photoshop to record your process in its entirety.

Back