What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to create a digital painting

Hello folks, I think I'm following the wrong procedures here because after a ton of filters and layers I'm at this place. I'm trying to create a similar effect like the super model cartoon picture but I think that's done using brushes and shapes right? Check attached pictures. Because I'm not good with vectors and brushes so I thought I'd try filters. I think I'm somewhere near but on the other hand I'm lost.

106913153_1018928131842796_5416661426345401006_o.jpg106920264_1018928098509466_6791970402217385680_o.jpg

my-try.jpgor.jpg

I'm trying to create a similar effect like the super model cartoon picture but I think that's done using brushes and shapes right?
Sorry I missed this thread.
I think you're mostly right in that she (Dima Fisenko) used brushes with the exception of the tattoo on the arm which I don't think was painted. As you have discovered, filter's will only take you so far and they are very recognizable.

If you don't really have any painting skills and you rely heavily on filters, you may want to change out the background with something more artsy and change out the shirt since the filters did not do much to change it's appearance. In Dima's painting, also note how the lighting of the background has tinted the subject.

There's really not a substitute for good brush work. It's in the title................digital PAINTING.

Back