What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent help needed :(*

00jwhittle

Hi, i have to finish this by the end of today and i am really worrying i have no clue how todo it.

I have a picture and i am trying to make it solid yellow instead of the colour it is now.

PLease help sombody :(

danger cloe.jpg

i just want the yellow on which at the moment has a black dirty look to it to look just solid yellow. i only have a few hours :(

Any help would be so fantastic.

ok, lol sorry i will be more specific. I want the bits that are a "dirty yellow" to be solid yellow. sorry about that

Here you go :) danger%20cloe2.jpg

Is this what you need? Here is a way to do it : open the image in photoshop choose Select --->Color range and with the picker click on the yellow take the picker with + on it and click 2 or 3 times so there is only black figures on white Background then hit OK.You can now fill it with yellow ot duplicate it on a new layer and fill it .That's it hope this helps

Hey guys..don't take it in the wrong sense, but I have noticed how PS newbies post up images of stuff they want us to "help" them with.
But we end up doing the entire images (retouch, color correction, etc etc) for them, instead of telling them how to do it themselves.
Should we do this? Shouldn't we just post up some steps & let them at least try it?

I know it's really sweet that the Mods go far & beyond to help newbies, but personally, I don't think they will learn a lot this way...

Again, please don't mind or take it offensively.

It depends on whether they are in a rush for the image and how nice they ask.

I like to tell them how to do it, and show them.

Same, but if only having a few hours to get something done, it may just be better to do it.

I have noticed how PS newbies post up images of stuff they want us to "help" them with.
But we end up doing the entire images (retouch, color correction, etc etc) for them, instead of telling them how to do it themselves.
Should we do this? Shouldn't we just post up some steps & let them at least try it?

In this case the OP needed something done.
He/she didn't ask for instructions on how to do it or ask someone else to do it, just a need to have it done.

When someone specifically asks how to do something I think replies should contain detailed instructions, but posting a sample image of the end result is fine.

The "tell" here is the OP's response.

If their next response is something like "how did you do that", they want to learn and will continue to ask questions until they understand how to do something.

If they don't respond after that, they really didn't care how you did it anyway.

Back