What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was this done with photoshop?

Negative SEO

I see a lot of cool powerpoint templates out there, and i wonder if they are done with ps or with some add-on or a totally different program.
Here's an example:
Code:
images.sharefaith.com/images/3/1358377375933_241/slide-02.jpg
If done with ps, where would one start if they wanted to do something like this? Is it all about layers or are there pre-made layers / art that one could just throw on the slide and then tweak as they see fit?

You can start by searching Google for free vector patterns, and then looking for textures. You can then over lay the different textures over the vectors and boosh, you'll have it done.

Well, the graphic itself looks like it was a vector created in adobe illustrator.

but ya, with the right brushes, you can do this in photoshop if you know how to use layers and brushes

You'll be happy to know this is very easy to make. There are shape tools in Photoshop and you can download ribbon brushes, and like spruce said, find textures on google. My favorite source for all things image is deviantarts.com. They have a great selection of brushes too. Register so you can get past the see more button. The heart in my current avatar is one of the shapes available in PS with some effects added.

Back