What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where to post image ready questions?

namvet

Power User
g'day all .. just need to know where I should post IR questions ...

namvet, I think you can probably post that in the general section or the "photoshop for the web" area - depending on what you are intending to use it for.

Doodad .. thanks .. it's a question about how to 'ungrey' an item in the 'menu' .. umm, it's under file >export .......... so it's a program question not a web question ..... the answer is usually simple, just I often can't find the wood for the trees ... lol ... hey, but that's me!! :)

Is it the whole "Export" option that's greyed out, or an option under it? If so, which one? I think it's fine if you just post here anyway.

thanks for reply Doodad ... image below should clarify ...

Sorry, but I don't think I have come across that "problem" before namvet. I fired up IR from PS with a few images and that did not happen to me.
I can only suggest that you try it with some other images to see if it happens again. Why are you in IR if you are just saving an optimised image from PS? If that indeed is what you are doing, as that can all be done without starting up IR. This leads me to think that you must be doing something else with the image in IR.
Are you going straight into IR or opening it, and the image in PS first?

Sorry I can't be any real help just now but from the information you have given I am stumped.

Tao .. thanks for reply .. and your time considering the problem .... after reading your message I did the following .... made a new image in pshop and moved it to IR (same result .. export is greyed out ... it also happens with bmp's, jpg's and gifs irrespective of whether they are saved or unsaved files) ... so far this has been happening on my desktop so just to eliminate it being a program problem I have checked the same events on my laptop, and ps7 on the laptop does exactly the same ........ soooooo I am thinking, if you don't have the problem and I do it maybe either of the following ...... 1. my ps7 hasn't been 'told' to associate any progs with 'export' and therefor is greyed out 'cos it has nowhere to go ....... or .. 2. my settings in IR aren't allowing an image to be exported (refer screen capture below for my IR 'settings'). If the prob is either 1 or 2 I have no idea how to fix. (btw the ps7 is the 'usual' install .. only change I have made is to put 'scratch disks' on big partition of hard drive) .....
now re your "what am I doing" question .... original image is made in PS7 it is a total of 44 layers (including background image) these are then 'jumped' into image ready where they become 14 frames (14 frames because several of the images move at the same time) ... the only changes that I make in IR are to the colors which I reduce to 64 from 256 ....
Why am I exporting?? ... thought you might ask that .. lol ... because I want to post a proper working gif on "Yafro" I am told I need to do the following .. """click on export, then click on anmation frames as files, choose the folder you want to save the frames in, click ok, and then drag all of the frames from folder into Microsoft gif animator""" ........ all of this is having to happen 'cos 'Yafro' doesn't like optimised gifs and messes them up .... hopefully all of this makes sense ...

I think I see what you mean namvet :) You are forced to work around this way. I can tell that you know your way around PS and IR at least as much as I do. I am away on walkabout for a few days now so I can't post but I should be next to a computer at some point on my travels so I will have another good look at the persisting problem on another system.
SO far you have tried all the things I would do myself to resolve the issue. It has the feel of something relatively simple doesn't it, like an option turned off or some setting needing an adjustment but what exactly I'm still not sure.
I just wanted to post this before I go to assure you that I am still "on the case". Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it before too long. Good luck.
Here is a screen grab of my IR Export options for interest. I have Flash so perhaps that is why that's there, and I think I remember an option somewhere to enable save frames/layers as files (but I am def' not too sure). Still, the option to Export "Original Document" I imagine should always be there.

Tao .. thanks for reply ... there's no hurry in sorting this ... PS7 and IR stuff are just part of my retirement hobbies .. but as always when I find a prob I like to sort it rather than accept I dunno how to do it

Namvet, had a look as well with the same results as TaoBoogie - but I'm using CS. You say on another machine it does the same?

That's quite strange - maybe a faulty installtion package. I had a look through a few forums - and I found someone who had the same problem - the theory was that he was running the evaluation version (in which the export is disabled), but he actually had the full version. Another suggestion was to reset your preferences.

Good luck.

Doodad .. thanks for reply .. my PS7 is the 'real McCoy' ... can't afford the latest one yet (I often wonder if I need it!! ... is my hobby is getting out of hand?? ... 12 months ago I progressed to a PS dedicated comp with two monitors.. lol ..) ... ok back on topic .. IR and export .. I haven't posted the prob anywhere else (consider it is improper to do so) .. I did reset prefs to default but no change .... as I only use PS and IR and have no other 'Flash', 3d etc progs on the comp I am currently leaning towards it being a 'progs association' problem ..... I may be going to the City on the weekend and if I have time will check out a friends comp (he has PS7) and see if he has same prob or not ... beyond that I'm lost ..

I'm sorry to say that I am still pondering in the dark about the Export settings namvet. I still have not a clue but if I do glean a little enlightenment on the matter I'll get in touch.
Apart from being a darlin' PS can get a little trixie too I've found ;)

Back