What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Seasonal Self Portrait

Alisha Medusa

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364373766.772049.jpg

I try to do a self portrait for every major holiday.... This is what I came up with for March. What do you think? I figure the hair is awful, but I actually fooled a couple of friends on Facebook! (Kudos to me....) What do you think about this?

I understand it is very different than the norm.... Inputs? Also, what should my theme be for this coming April? Eeek!

Looks really good...

The hair ain't to bad, but there are ways to sharpen up those strands a bit more. But a good job never the less.

Looks really good...

The hair ain't to bad, but there are ways to sharpen up those strands a bit more. But a good job never the less.

Oh thank you! & Please feel free to share methods of recoloring the hair strands. I'm very open to learning. ^_^

I think you did a great job on the colouring. But there is a few methods on sharpening it, to bring out the strands a bit more. I will rustle up a quick tut for you.

That is beautiful. Don't think there's much to change about it. But If there's only one thing to point out, I would say adding a bit of specular highlights to the lips and even the top of the eyelids can add some more life to it and give it more shape. But nicely done Alisha! :)

That is beautiful. Don't think there's much to change about it. But If there's only one thing to point out, I would say adding a bit of specular highlights to the lips and even the top of the eyelids can add some more life to it and give it more shape. But nicely done Alisha! :)

Oh thank you so much! I shall do that on my next portrait. ^_^

Looks really great and fun to do. I may have to try it. The only strand of hair that bothers me is the one that hangs kind of independently and has multiple colors. Unfortunately, it pulls my eye to it and doesn't look real. The lightness of it and the color variance is not quite right.

My suggestion for April is April Showers.

Looks really great and fun to do. I may have to try it. The only strand of hair that bothers me is the one that hangs kind of independently and has multiple colors. Unfortunately, it pulls my eye to it and doesn't look real. The lightness of it and the color variance is not quite right.

My suggestion for April is April Showers.

I couldn't agree more. It's that yellow strip isn't it?
April Showers = Rain? Hm. How do you suggest I capture that in a self portrait? I want ideas! :lol:

Alisha, I deleted that post you questioned and your question to the punk. We may have one of those rude, funny looking little guys who live under bridges cruising the forum, lol. Sorry about that.

What would I do for April Showers? I would start by making a silvery sheen on the skin and hair, and follow that theme for color overall, silvery jewels instead of warm pearls, mainly cool tones with a touch of hot, maybe deep green eyes and hot pink lips. I'd make actual droplets throughout the hair and maybe some in sstrategic places on the face. Lots of tutorials for creating these, just google. Maybe in place of the shamrock and clover, a lily of the valley somewhere. Did you know it's poisonous? Adds kind of a sinister note to the self-portrait, but who would know that, LOL? :devilish:

Back