What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountere

Hi tjknab.
There are 2 different problems being discussed here.
YoungEddie, and Kalantan have 2 similar but different issues.

It seems YoungEddie hit the reset button and the fine never saved properly, the file's gone.
Kalantan problem is a known issue at Adobe.

I suggest you start a new thread and detail your problem.
It will get noticed quicker and hopefully get some responses

Re: "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountere

I have worked in Photoshop for many years creating illustrations. After upgrading to Photoshop CS5 (a part of the Production Premium) I started getting an error message when opening some files. After working on some artwork, I put it away. Then the next day when I try to open the file, some of the files refused to open with the error message,

"Could not complete your request (to open the file) because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered."

This is very frustrating because I'm on deadline with a children's book and I'm have to redo artwork.

I spent several hours with two different tech people at Adobe today, and they couldn't help me.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd love to figure what to do differently to stop this from happening.

Thanks!!! Eddie

I know this is an old topic, but I JUST experienced this same problem and discovered a solution:

Open the PSD file using After Effects (or any other program that supports PSDs & layers). In After Effects, import all layers into the composition then choose Composition > Save Frame As > Photoshop Layers....and voila you have a new PSD files with all your layers! Hope that helps someone :)

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated?
As with all unexplainable Photoshop-problems you might try trashing the prefs (after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed) by pressing command-alt-shift on starting the program or starting from a new user-account.
System Maintenance (repairing permissions, purging PRAM, running cron-scripts, cleaning caches, etc.) might also be beneficial, Onyx has been recommended for such tasks.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/onyx.html
Weeding out bad fonts never seems to be a bad idea, either. (Validate your fonts in Font Book and remove the bad ones.)
If 3rd party plug-ins are installed try disabling them to verify if one of those may be responsible for the problem.

Open a new illustrator file. File / Place the problem file into your new illustrator document. Export your illustrator file as PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back