What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Can I Get This Same Result On My Image ! ? ! ?

mooapo

I have been looking for an idea in respect of a Background for an Urban Blog. So I came across the following image while surfing the net for an idea, I like it and would very much like to create something in the same fashion. But the problem is I'm new on the graphics scene and know little of how to render the same results. So I am hoping someone could give me a few pointers in respect to this issue.

Of course I wouldn't/won't be using the same Brick Wall/ Image, but I do plan to use a different Brick Wall but with the same design make up of the image I posted within this post. Any advice or knowledge to help me achieve this result would be much appreciated.

I have Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator to my disposal, so please throw me a life line.

Thank you very much !

bg00.jpg

Okay, I see the original image is set to Background. But then I see a Layer 1, confused there. I know this is a stupid question, but is Layer 1 a copy of Background Layer ? And it looks looks like you used this method > image > mode > grayscale on Layer 1, am I correct?

Thank you !

"...And it looks looks like you used this method > image > mode > grayscale on Layer 1, am I correct?..."

I can't tell you exactly what he did, but I can tell you he didn't do what you suggested because the "mode > grayscale" command would have changed all layers, ie, the entire file, to B&W.

My guess is that he simply desaturated a copy of the lowest layer.

Tom M

I desaturated the copy of the background layer...

You guessed correctly Tom lol.

mooapo,

Are you looking to just do the black gradient effect on either side of a given image?

If so, you can choose the rectangular selection tool, draw a rectangle on one side of your image; select the gradient tool, set your gradient for "black background to no fill," then fill the selected area by clicking and dragging your mouse.

Re-do as often as needed until you have the gradient just the way you want it.

Once your done, copy that layer (CTL+J), click on the new, copied layer, hit CTL+T to transform it, then rotate it 180 degrees and move it to the other side of your image. Now you have an exact duplicate of your gradient on the other side.

Hope that helps.

Agent Moeller

to get the same look you could just first desaturate the image then on an empty layer fill it with a dark grey (same color as your image)
then change the blend of that layer to "Multiply"

Back