What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i make this look real

egosbar

Guru
the front of the concrete is bugging me , anyone know how i can make it look like the concrete is raised more and the sand comes under a bit

its a picture of my work we just put the skillion roof on today so i want to send it to my boss to show we appreciate him spending the money

still got work to do ie shade the posts etc

Attachments

• work.jpg
    work.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 1
  • sandvik shed.jpg
    sandvik shed.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
yes both good suggestions ill play with it later , its only an early project , but its good practice to be self critical and not accept mediocracy , ive only been photoshopping about two months but im getting there , that only took me an hour or so , starting to get quicker

wouldnt the shadow on the post follow the shadow from the corner of the building ? or is that a perspective thing as it just doesnt look quite right , in saying that im sure you didnt spend a lot of time on it

I agree, the perspective of the two images isn't the same.
you either need to change the perspective of the background image, or find a different one.
you can play around the the shades as much as you want, wrong perspective will never look real.

wouldnt the shadow on the post follow the shadow from the corner of the building ? or is that a perspective thing as it just doesnt look quite right , in saying that im sure you didnt spend a lot of time on it

Quite correct. I just did it quickly as an example and didn't take the time.

Yes, now that I look more closely, it does look as if the water is about to flow right over you. Below sealevel there egosbar, lol. Just straighten those out with transform>perspective or, as I prefer for better control, hold ctl/cmd and shift the corners of the transform box.

Back